So much time has passed since I posted, I don't know how to organize my thoughts. I think we're just going to freestyle the randomness. I want to give shout-outs to a few businesses and people who have rocked my socks off...besides my amazing husband who has been putting up with my workaholic ways, sweats, and un-washed hair for weeks.
K, unsolicited, these are some people who have made my life happier recently. In no particular order...
1. Showit Sites. OHMYLORD THERE ARE NO WORDS to describe what we've been through building the new site. I talked to SO MANY developers and they could do this but not this and it would take 2 weeks and 4 weeks and 6 months and they weren't sure but maybe it would be $1000 or maybe $6000 we can't say and I'm sorry I didn't return your call and I thought we could do that but now we can't. oops. It's a miracle that I still have hair on my head for as much as I've been pulling it out. Then (cue the doves) we tried Showit. And while there is a learning curve to figuring it out, the system is super intuitive, and flexible! It's basically like designing the site you want in photoshop and turning it into a website. We used it for the entire Epiphanie site, and found it to be pretty limitless. Their developers should be SUPER proud of what they created. I highly recommend them to anyone that needs a website...not just photographers.
2. Kal. In the midst of her own crazy carnival preparations for her recent art show, she would send me the coolest ideas and links. She designed the Epiphanie logo, and offered up some really generous, professional, INSIGHTFUL critique along the way. She is the real deal, and my artistic idol. I mean who else can make you drool over a freaking pine cone?!
3. Speaking of idols. I have a new photography one every week, but if you haven't seen Sarah's recent photos of Thailand, you are missing out. She is IN-CREDIBLE. Like, my-life-will-not-be-complete-until-I-get-to-be-photographed-by-her-kind-of-incredible. Which is how I feel about Tara too. Plus I'm totally stealing her elf idea next week.
4. Making my own rules for the holidays. I'm not buying gifts for anyone but my kids this year. It's been too insane. And rather than make it worse, I'm deciding that you all can live one more year without another candle, sweater, or picture frame from me. I'm sure you're all just wrecked with grief. :)
5. Not sending holiday cards. This one bums me out because I'm the one person on earth who genuinely ENJOYS sending them. I love the whole process of taking the photos, designing them. I love the papery smell of them, and the ritual of sitting down with my wine, finding the right pen, writing something personal in each one. But this year it's an indulgence. I've had enough mommy-guilt to last me a while. So if it comes between making gingerbread houses with the kids and cards, the cards have got to go.
6. Beau Cobb. is my good friend DD's husband. And he's been asking repeatedly about when I was going to post again. Thanks Beaucobb...it's nice to feel loved and missed! (... :) is that a good enough shout out D? Hahaha!)
Oh there is so much more. Like, I dyed my hair red but it turned out brown. And everyone (including my sweet hairstylist) agrees that I should go back to blonde. They say it's "not me" and I agree. If a day ever comes where it's not in a ponytail, I'll show you.
Okay, this was a lot of writing. And I have SO MANY sessions to post. It's my goal to get them all posted THIS YEAR. So posting will be back to normal for a while.
Remember Jamie? If you're in San Antonio, you might know her from KJ97, and she also does the gossip stuff for the Living Show on Fridays. Anyway, she and her husband Aaron are super cool. I first photographed them when she was pregnant with her first, so it's been fun to watch their family grow. It's even more fun to photograph them because they're always laughing and playing, and just generally laid back, crazy fun peeps.
I love this one because they are huge football fans. Like HUGE. It was so cute when the boys were running up as fast as their little legs would go...
I also posted a behind the scenes shot of me shooting this session (all "willy nilly") at Shutter Sisters. Come visit and say hello. All comments today will be entered to win a camera bag of your choice. And there is a 15% discount code listed too (good through Saturday!) Don't miss out, this is the last promo we will be running until the spring!
Phew, that was a mouth full. But it's glad to be back. See you again soon!