1. My camera I'm not super technical, but I'm pretty sure parts of your camera aren't supposed to fall out when you change lenses.
Someone might have been overzealous the other day when she took her good camera to the beach, and exposed it to three days of salt, sand and neglect. Oops.
It doesn't help that my usual solution for "fixing" cameras is to purchase a new one, justifying it by saying I need the others as back ups. But "back ups" aren't as effective when you never take them in. So until I fix my 20D, 40D, and (now) 5D this blog will be brought to you by iPhone.
But let's not dwell on that.
2. Wine anyone? My friend Shelly came over for an impromptu glass yesterday. She's a fancy girl who tells fancy stories about people who use frozen grapes to chill their drinks.
You know, instead of ice. Because who would ever be so tacky as to put ice in their wine?
Oh, wait. ...with pizza too even.
3. Let's talk about Seaweed. My mom has been pushing Nori on us for years. She'd visit, leave a pack in our cabinet, and we'd eat it because even though it wasn't good, it wasn't bad. And maybe we liked the novelty of eating paper. But then I found these in the health food store. They're so good, and an awesome substitute for chips if you're craving salty/crunchy. I've become addicted, and have been pushing them on everyone who crosses my path. Most people love them. Some people (Shelly) might have said yesterday that the Sea could keep its "Gifts". But she is just ungrateful.
4. "Unleash the taste". My husband has a tendency to get distracted. Like recently, he went to Home Goods for lawn furniture and came out with curry sauce. It was so good, I'm starting not to question his field trips.
5. My boy builds coffins. Maybe it's morbid, but I've been playing this song out. I think it's a beautiful reminder of how short our time is here.
6. My boy brews beer. Sometimes it's drinkable. You should come over.
7. My office is a mess, but I'm digging the process of decorating it. There's something so liberating about creating a space that doesn't matter to anyone but you.
Hello purple blue wall of delicious.
I hope your weekend is filled with lovely miscellaneousness too.